Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Questions: 429
Page 7 from 43
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
Hi Karina
I have been in a relationship with a lady from Russia for around 2.5
years. She is divorced and has a 10 year old daughter from her previous marriage. We have planned to be married soon and have asked her ex husband for consent for their daughter to immigrate to Australia with her mother.
The ex husband has had no or very minimal contact with his daughter since her birth and has made no financial contribution to her upbringing. He has now decided to pursue custody of their daughter after us informing him of our decision to marry and my friend and her daughter’s decision to immigrate to Australia.
How does Russian Family Law deal with this situation and what are the rights of both parents. Can you help?
Are you able to represent my lady friend (us) in this matter and what are the associated costs?

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
I am American national living in Belgium for many years. I have been married to a Russian lady in 2015, we got married in New York and then returned and registered our marriage in Belgium where we live ever since. Before marriage we have done prenuptial agreement in Belgium, in front of notary, to select "separation of properties" as our regime. We have a female child born in August 2017.

When the child was born my wife asked me to come with her to Russian consulate in Brussels, where I have signed documents that it was explained to me was about giving our daughter Russian nationality and to write the girl on the mother's passport. I did not disagree and I signed. Our girl has also Belgian identity card from her birth, she is Belgian citizen.

My wife remained registered in St. Petersburg while also registered in Belgium (and of course has residence permit). I found out recently that she also registered our child in her apartment in Russia (according to her, in order to get family benefits and medical insurance ...). We obviously get family benefits and medical coverage in Belgium where we effectively reside.

My wife is not adapting to Belgium and (from time to time) wants to divorce. She wanted to start divorce in Russia, with which of course I disagree, Russian jurisdiction is MUCH more favorable to women than Belgian when it comes to parental rights and custody of the minor child. I refuse to let my child live in Russia far away from me.

I have been told that if she obtains divorce in Russia, I can oppose it in Belgium, because it is the last common residence of the married couple that counts for attributing divorce jurisdiction. Can you confirm about jurisdiction ?

What if she takes away our girl to Russia and does not return her?
If she does so, will I be successful to have the girl returned from Russia to Belgium for Court proceedings in Belgium under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction ? She will claim that residence (of her and the child) is Russia, which is false and I can prove it ... She only goes there for occasional vacation.

Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)
I am a foreigner living in Moscow married almost 14 year to a Russian lady with two children aged 13 and 11. My wife has filed for divorce and informs me the process takes 1 month ( I read 3 to 4) and is pushing me to sign the agreement, which until I am clear on everything I am not willing to do. I have read your website and have a good understanding of my situation but would like to be sure on all points.
Please could you advise me of your charges relating to consultation and handling of divorce cases in Russia. Do you have an office here in Moscow?
My concerns / questions are regarding division of assets, child visitation rights / maintenance and also effects on me renewing registration of Vid na Zhitelstva after divorce has been finalized. We have two property in Moscow in joint names which I have purchased with documents to prove revenue brought into country after sale of property in UK which I purchased before we met. I am happy to split assets 50 / 50 which will leave more than enough to purchase a new apartment for her and the children but unfortunately she has other ideas and would like to keep the most valuable property and leave me with the other.

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
Dear Karina,
I hope this message finds you in good health.
I may need your services again?

I have lost all the e-mails that I had sent to you and the ones you sent to me.
Once again could you please send me the information pertaining to the divorce laws with the USA and Russia?
Also I will need your email address.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
My ex girlfriend us Russian citizen and she abducted our son to Moscow, Russia on February 2018. I am looking for a lawyer that can help me trough the court hearing based on the Hague convention on international child abduction.
I've attached the document of the justice minister that has already been sent to Russian justice minister.
I would like to know if you can help me and how much money will you ask for this job, since i don't have a big budget. Thank you.

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
I was married in December 2016 with Russian lady. She came to United States and we registered our marriage in New York. After 4 weeks she went back home. Sometime after I found that all was fake and decide to start divorce the March 2017 going via American court. Unfortunately all divorce cases now handling required Service under the Hague Convention which is extremely complicated and time consuming. I found meantime another woman and would like to marry her.

I am originally from former USSR know that divorce in Russia is not so complicated and can be done much faster. We being together only 4 weeks and after that she never come to United States, we don’t have any common properties, business, etc. No child. I never submitted spouse support application for her to Immigration.

Do you know if it will be possible for me to get divorce in Russia despite the fact that marriage was registered in United States? BTW – I am not Russian citizen.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
Hello madam Karina Duvall, I’m a girl of age 19 years and I’m in South Africa. I had a Russian boyfriend named Vasily Alexandrovich. He was here on work, on July 2017, actually we met and in some months I got pregnant. As I’m an orphan and stay alone he supported me even when he was back to Russia. After three months, the guy never talked to me until now. I am helpless; the friends I was staying with dumped me off. And now I have a baby of four days, the guy still doesn’t communicate to me. Please madam, I’m down on your knees. Help me in anyhow to find him at least for the baby to be alright. I have some details of the place that he stays and a friend who knows there too. Waiting to hear from you madam. Thanks in advance

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
I need divorce paperwork to be hand delivered to a woman in Saint Petersburg. She is my wife. American law says I have to hand it to her.

Is there anyone who can do that for me? I will give you $1,200.00 for that service if you hand it to her and then send a letter to me that says you delivered it to her.

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
I got your email on a search on google

I am wanting to get a divorce, my
wife lives in Moscow and i am currently in South Africa. we have not been living together or seen each other for over 2 years.

Here are the copies of our certificates. I believe she still has the original with her.

Can you please tell me the price you would charge to assist in this.
Looking forward to hear from you

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
I am American and my Wife is Russian. We married in Russia. We have had last April a child in Germany and now my Wife has gone to Russia with our Child. She said she wanted to spend the Christmas with her Family and I agreed. Now she does not want to come back to Germany and wants me to go to Russia too. Our Child is not one year old yet.

In case my wife requests a Divorce in Russia and she has the custody of my child, how much is the Alimony? if my Child lives in Russia and I live in Germany I think I will lose it.

I need some advises how to proceed.

Questions: 429
Page 7 from 43
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2021

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC