Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Karina Duvall - Russian divorce lawyer
Karina Duvall

International Divorce Attorney

Expert in Russian Law


Valery Milgrom
Valery Milgrom

Attorney at law,
Intellectual property, Immigration Law New York & New Jersey

Anna Carley
Anna Carley, Esq.

Family Law, Personal Injury
Licensed in New York & New Jersey

Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at

Russian-Divorce international office

With the development of technology, people will get involved in international relationships. You might need to get divorce, or receive vital records documentation from other countries, or get professional legal opinion from Russian attorney, or make a personal service to Defendant in Russia. We will be glad to handle any of these matters.

If you need a Russian Divorce attorney or you need someone who is an expert in Russian law, our company will provide to you with a low-cost solution and positive results in complex Russian litigation.

If you are married with Russian spouse or going to be, you need to be prepared, informed, and advised about procedure of divorce. This is definitely needed when you already involved in procedure of divorce. If you have Russian or dual citizenship, or your spouse or you both have Russian or dual citizenship, you always have door open for the divorce in Russia which much easier and more affordable in comparison to divorces in the US, UK or Switzerland, for example.

If your divorce spans international borders, make sure your divorce attorney has a special knowledge and experience to handle divorce case for you.

In case when you seeking for divorce with spouse who are agreed for divorce (uncontested divorce), our law company will be glad to offer best price and handle your case as soon as possible (express lane).

In case of contested divorce, you may require attorney who can resolve your case with aggressive manner of litigation of divorce, custody, visitation, or division of property. Our law company undertakes your case of divorce and will find best resolution for your situation. To protect your legal rights, Russian-Divorce provides strategic, knowledgeable and aggressive litigation services for complex matrimonial cases involving international component.

In case of matrimonial troubles with dual citizenship component, we will be glad to handle your case.

If you need to receive any legal documents from court, ZAGS, and police authorities, including Apostille in any jurisdiction, please do not hesitate to contact us now. We also will be glad to make personal service in any jurisdiction.

After 20 years of multijurisdictional practice, we have earned the brilliant reputation for providing high quality and effective solution to the international law matters.


Questions: 458
Page 1 from 46
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
We married in New York, USA on September 2018.

We have lived together in Moscow since January,
2018 because of waiting for her green card interview.

We have our son born in August 2018 in Moscow.

I have not seen such an aggressive girl. I have tried to be patient for my baby not to grow up with parents divorced. She always has me hid the fact we married because she wanted to keep child support from the Ex-husband. She refused to move to USA. That is the compromise broken because we promised to move to USA and live there permanently.

Wife and I stay at home 24hrs to care the baby, but she doesn't cook for me or clean house or wash dishes and laundry. I do everything, but she sleeps with a baby.

I want to move back to my town, NYS with my son as soon as possible.

I am looking for a specialty in international spouse's divorce to get a sole custody on my son.

US Embassy doesn't issue USA passport for a child without my sole custody decision.

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
Plan to meet with notary on the 13th and I understand they will review and possibly make changes to prenup. What do you mean that they take more time? More than versus a US notary? I don't mind if they take their time reviewing unless I understood wrong. thank you

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
Hi Dear Karina,

I might give you a phone call today, but here is my situation in
full text. I need some assistance on what to do to cut my loss.

I'm a US citizen. I was temporarily working in Eastern Europe and have a Russian Girlfriend. 5 month ago we were discussing getting kids, I said I did not want and she said she wanted. One month later, I learnt that she is pregnant, and does not want to abort. I feel like dying and want to get out of this relation. It looks like she wants to "have as many kids as she can" and we just are too different at that point. I am scared that if I give her residency here, or a marriage, it will put me in deep trouble.

I work as a contractor with ups and downs, last year was quite ok, as I did not take vacations and such.

I have a few questions:

- Is there something I can do to not pay child support (even if you will not provide me the info as it is perhaps illegal)? I am free to relocate anytime.

- I tried to ask arranging an amount instead of a percentage, she is against it. She wants the state to decide (obviously more favorable for her). What can I expect? Should I consider living with her in Russia with no income for a year to reduce my bill? or something else?

Thank you for reading. Hope we can come up with something, or at least clarify how I can either cut my loss now, or a bit later.

Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)
Hi Karina,

I will be filing for divorce in Russia, my wife is and has been living
in Russia since 2002. We were married in St. Petersburg, Russia, in 2001. I will want help with that, but, also, I would like to know if you can also help with removing her name off the deed of my house in USA? Her name is not on the mortgage and the bank still owes more than half.

She has agreed to it, but, I am not sure how this works with her in Russia. If she was in the USA, we could do it as a notary, with quit claim deed.


Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
Hi Karina, first I will like to know the answers of these five basic questions.

Here is
my situation:

In January of 2016, I got married to a Russian national (from Moscow district). We got married in New York.

I possess the marriage documents in New York.

Later on, my spouse also got my name on her Russian passport in ZAGS as we submitted our New York marriage documents with translation and attestation.

As of December 2018, she told me that she no longer wants to continue the marriage as she is not happy in the relationship.

I tried a lot to save the marriage but she did not agree, so I acknowledged the decision.

She told me that she will apply for divorce in Russia, and it is not necessary for me to be present for the divorce.

However a month ago, she sent me a message that the divorce in Russia was not successful, as she was said that she cannot get divorced in Russia because the marriage happened in USA (I am not sure about this, there is a possibility that she is telling a lie).

Regardless, since many months have passed and we both have moved on with our lives. To start fresh I want the marriage to end legally.

I am 36 years old. We do not have any children, and we do not have any shared assets (property, car etc.).

New York laws try to save the marriage; hence it can take several years to get the divorce.

Also, I have confirmed in the United States that a divorce taken in Russia is valid in New York with no extra process.

Hence, I want to get the divorce from Russia.

I have the following questions :

1. First of all, is it possible to get divorced in Russia? (When the wife is Russian but husband is American and the marriage happened in the United States).

2. If yes, do I need to get the consent of my wife or can I apply it myself? (I do not talk to my wife anymore, and if possible I will try to get the divorce done with minimum communication from her).

3. Is it necessary for me to come to Russia for signing the papers? (If possible, I will love that I do not need to come and the attorney can do the processes. I can mail all documents needed etc.).

4. How much time it will take usually to get such divorce.

5. If the answer to question 1 is yes, then do you provide such services, or can you get me a divorce lawyer from your firm?

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
I am USA citizen, New York, and my wife is Russia citizen, St. Petersburg, divorced and 12 y.o. son from ex-husband. We married in the United States last year, and we have lived together in St. Petersburg. We have a new baby born in January 2019.

She has not an official income history.

I have stable income sources from my own business in the United States.

I have spent all of expenses on our family as well as even her family (son/mother)
Her son receives child support fund from her bio-father, 10 000P monthly.

My mom visited St. Petersburg with 3 month staying plan when she delivered a baby.
Wife hit me so seriously (I have doctor records).

I have not seen such an aggressive girl. I have tried to be patient for my baby not to grow up with parents divorced. She always has me hid the fact we married because she wanted to keep child support from the Ex-husband. I stopped her family support fund since I was hit.

She refused to move to USA. That is the compromise broken because we promised to move to USA and live there permanently.

Wife and I stay at home 24hrs to care the baby, but she doesn't cook for me or clean house or wash dishes and laundry. I do everything.

I want to move back to the United States with my son as soon as possible.

I am looking for an attorney in international spouse's divorce.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
Hi Karina Duvall,

It is a sad situation. I am US citizen and my wife and I
met there. She was born in Moscow and has both Russian and US citizenship.

We got married in June in Moscow while expecting our first child, who was born a few days ago.

The relationship broke down during the pregnancy.

I will need to return to USA very soon for financial reasons and she will be staying here with her parents. She will return to New York with the baby in the new year. She has lived in New York permanently since she was young, but wanted to have the baby here.

I will need to get copies of documents such as the marriage certificate and have them apostilled, but I am not in a position to take care of this myself before I leave Moscow. This will be very important to ensure that my rights as the father of the child are recognized in New York. (In the USA a father is automatically a legal guardian of a child if he is married to the mother when the child is born).

I hope you will be able to help me with this. Any other advice you have for me would be welcome.

Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)
Hi Karina Duvall, thanks for the valuable information. I have some feedback and additional questions.

Thankfully, I
do have the marriage certificate with myself. If I need to send you the power of attorney and the marriage certificate, will it be OK if I scan and send the documents by email? Or is it necessary to send the documents by postal service.

Once the divorce is done, will the final document issued by the court or by ZAGS? Will the husband and wife needs to sign on the document for it to be valid, or is it a government document which will be valid without the need of my and my spouse signature?

I have a question about the ground of divorce.
Will it be something standard like "On the grounds of the decision of the justice of the peace"? Or will it be something else. The reason I am asking this is to just make sure that the divorce document will be instantly valid without any further process here.

I am impressed to know that you have handled many international divorces. Also, thanks for understanding the economy and currency differences between USA and other countries. Our currency is weak and is very similar to Ruble. The average salary of a software engineer here, in my home country, is 40,000 Rubles per month approximately.

Hence, I suggest you to kindly consider the total service fee to be [the flat fee]. Please let me know what you think about this and also the other points.

Questions: 458
Page 1 from 46
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC