Legal defense in court in civil cases including: divorces, child support, the alimony obligations, adoptions, inheritance proceedings. Legalization of foreign divorces, search of divorce records in Russia, ex-USSR, United States. Registration, legalization of documents, apostilles. Restoration of certificates of marriage and divorce, of birth and death in Russia, the former USSR, USA, Europe, Australia, and other countries.
Questions: 382
Page 3 from 39
Questions of registration and citizenship (Russia)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)
(1) If we are married in NYC can she sue for divorce in Russia?

(2) Is the
NYC marriage (apostille document) recognized in Russia without any additional paperwork?

(3) Is the apostille document enough to change her Russian passport last name to mine and show she is married?

(4) Final question: if she does, what happens with a prenuptial US contract that we have in NYC?

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)
Thank you for your quick response. I was hesitant to contact you since your specialty is Divorce, but after reading your website and biography I am very confident that you have the skills in Russian American Marriage, Family Law, and related Child Support to be best suited to give us a quality initial consultation. This is a situation where you may be able to help bring a marriage together and or help a Single Russian Mom who loves her children and likewise they love their mother obtain a fair level of child support.

What is most important to us is that you provide a good initial consultation along with financial estimates for any legal work you may foresee so I can compare with my budget and make decisions. For example I am forecasting budget as it pertains to processing and filing fiancé Visa along with K1 children immigrant visas for my Russian Lady Friend and her children. Because children are involved and fathers may or may not be co-operative if that is a requirement, I want to be conservative as it may be better for me to divert these funds into child support issues if it’s determined that you might be able to help her obtain more child support to ease the difficult situation she is in.

I want what is best for her and her children and for them to have a fair chance at future success as a family with or without me. So I guess to generalize, we are looking to get advice for the following questions:

1. Is there a “reasonable path” that she could follow for her and her children to relocate to the USA as some point in the future. If we have to get the permission of fathers for her and I to marry and keep the children together, my feeling is that its probably better to retain a Lawyer to professionally handle the process since “emotions” are removed and you are expert in the Area of Russian Family Law and the Art of Negotiation.

2. If there is not a “reasonable path” for her to come to USA per # 1, is there a “reasonable path” where you may have legal tools available to help her obtain higher child support from her children’s fathers to ease her hardship. My understanding is that her 8 year daughter’s father pays equivalent to 1 USD per day in child support and has had no involvement with daughter for several years. She explained to me that he is remarried has children by that marriage and works for his brother who helps him conceal his real income both tangible and intangible. Regarding her 3 year old Son’s father, it appeared to me during my discussion with her that he makes a “good faith” attempt to voluntarily pay a reasonable child support amount but its always based on how much he is willing to pay and when and if, which leaves her always in a “perpetual state” of if she will able to feed her son the following week and so on. I did some basic Google research and noticed a Russian Law that states 25% of income should be paid per child regarding support, I have no clue if the Russian legal systems leaves you as Lawyer with any discovery and or enforcement ability that you can avail to help her and her children.

3. If there is not a “reasonable path” for assisting her regarding items # 1 and # 2 we would appreciate your honesty in stating that. It allows me to write off the fathers and solely focus on helping her with the resource I have available. I had told her that I am supportive of her regardless if I will be able to marry her if she wants that and if I will only be a distant friend that is there in the background to catch her fall and do my best to help carve a path towards a positive future for her and her children.

Questions: 382
Page 3 from 39
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-718-704-8558 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-848-0870 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2018

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC