Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Immigration Law (Russia)

Ms Duvall,

My father-in-law does not have a copy of the birth certificate, nor can any one of his family find it in his previous residences.

Another issue is with Russian Law, he has to be present in person to receive the birth certificate.

How about this option, can you do a Russian power of attorney digitally so that my brother in law can receive the birth certificate in place of his father?

Thank you for your time


If your father-in-law doesn't have a copy of birth certificate, in this case, please provide me detailed information: his full name, his date and place of birth, and names of his parents.

He doesn't have to present in ZAGS personally, he can act through his authorized representative. If you have somebody in this region, I can prepare the power of attorney, but it will be physical power of attorney, not a digital. However, I am not sure that ZAGSes are working for public during pandemic of coronavirus. But you can take a risk and check. Otherwise, I can obtain Birth certificate for your father-in-law.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC