Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Questions: 123
Page 3 from 13
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (USA)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (USA)

Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (USA)
I need divorce paperwork to be hand delivered to a woman in Moscow. She is my wife. American law says I have to hand it to her.

Is there anyone who can do that for me? I am willing to pay for that service if you hand it to her and then send a letter to me that says you delivered it to her.

Allow me to be clear. I don’t care if you deliver the envelope. I only care about receiving paperwork that says the envelope was delivered I live in a small town, nobody here will question you ever.

This woman tricked me. I brought her over from Russia and married her. Two weeks later she left and disappeared. That was three years ago. She does not answer emails, letters, or phone calls. I simply want to get a divorce and be done with it.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (USA)

Family law : divorce and division of property. (USA)
Hello Karina,
I have currently file a petition to the courts in the USA to annul my
marriage to my husband. My husband has since left the country and residing back in Russia. I need to find a process to have papers served to him notifying him that I am filing per court requirements in the USA.

Would you please let me know, is this a service you can provide? If so what is the fee and what are the payment options? Also, what documentation will I receive as evidence that this has been completed?

Thank you.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (USA)
I would like to come back to Russia. How can I do it against my formed husband's position? The custody order said I need his permission.

Family law : divorce and division of property. (USA)
I am trying to get divorced from a Russian woman. When I withdrew the affidavit of support for her green card application (effectively killing the application) she got very angry and went back to Russia without signing divorce papers. She does not respond to email.

I have her address in Russia. I need to serve her there. I have read contradictory information about serving in Russia, and the validity of it.

Can you serve divorce papers in Russia?

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (USA)
Children taken ....Law question
In CPS case when is the case closed? After the children
are adopted? How easy or hard is it to go back to court and get kids back home with you after they are adopted or case closed? I ask because my children were taken away in divorce custody case not CPS. But CPS gets involved often. In divorce even after you sign divorce order you can always always file motions and go back to court and change the custody, parenting time orders. For 18 years you can keep going back to court and changing the custody. ( I can request or ask to change custody, that does not mean they will, sometimes the judge will punish me for asking for more time with my kids and take away all my visitation for 12 months, this happened twice, but I can always file a motion and go back to court and ask for more time with my kids ) So I don't understand exactly how it works in CPS cases.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (USA)
Dear Karina

Could you please let me know if there is a chance of claiming the child
support in my case.

Two children: born 1993 and 1995. The order for child support from their father was received in Russia, St. Petersburg on 1996. In accordance with the Russian laws, the child support was ordered as 33% from all his earnings.

The father's whereabouts was not known, hence no alimony could be claimed for all this time. Only very recently, we managed to google him up. Apparently, he changed the surname and changed occupation. Luckily, for the past 18 years or so, he worked as a financial broker and was employed in one of the structures of the Morgan Stanley and has lived in New York for at least past 15 years. In other words, his earnings are fairly easy to trace down. He is (was) a citizen of Russia and Israel, and possibly has US citizenship by now.

I will provide all necessary details if you tell me that the case has any potential.

Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (USA)
I have filed for divorce from my wife who is a Russian citizen. We were married in the US and I was looking for a way to service her with the papers when I found your site. About 4 years ago, she took the kids to Russia to visit her mother like she had done every summer, but when they were supposed to come home, she kept them there claiming her mother was too infirm to live on her own. She has since been unwilling to discuss any other arrangements and has refused to bring the kids here to visit. As a result, my youngest daughter - about to turn 6 cannot speak English and I do not speak Russian, so we've never been able to have a conversation and my parents have been virtually cut off from their granddaughters.

I was under the impression I had no recourse under Russian law, but I need to try anything possible.

Divorce is basically a nuclear option. After twice offering to bring the kids for visits and refusing without any explanation or dialog, I started withholding support which is the only card I can play to try and get her to do anything. My wife earns good money, so the kids are not going without unless you consider my oldest daughter might have more private tennis lessons with my support. There is more to the story, but I have only spent 6 weeks total with my daughters in the past 4 years (they are 6 and 10) and this situation is completely unbearable to me which is why I started divorce proceedings. Are there any statutes under Russian law that could help me?


Questions: 123
Page 3 from 13
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2021

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC