Could you please advise the steps (documents) you would require to process a divorce? The marriage is registered in Moscow. Also, what would be the approximate fee for this service?
In order to start divorce proceedings in Russia you need:
- notary certified Power of Attorney (I will send you the template) that allow me to act on your behalf;
- have this Power of Attorney apostilled at secretary of your state (it's needed to legalized the document abroad), I can also send you an example of the apostille;
- send me by express mail (UPS, TNT, DHL, FedEx etc) the Power of Attorney, original of your Marriage Certificate and photocopy of your passport.
All other actions are being provided by me.
Please tell me the following data:
1. Citizenship of your wife.
2. Place of residence of your wife in Russia.
3. Do you possess of the original of your Marriage Certificate?
4. Do you and your wife have common children?