Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.

Articles and publications

Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Articles: 237
Page 39 from 48

Invalid Divorce

Karina Duvall
I, KARINA KRASNOVA, being duly sworn, depose and say:

I am an attorney duly licensed to practice law in the Russian Federation. My registration number is 78/857. My specialty is matrimonial and family law in the Russian Federation.

I have been licensed by the Appellate Division, 2nd Judicial Department of the Supreme Court of the State of New York as a legal consultant from Russia pursuant to Section 53(6) of the Judiciary Law of the State of New York, as limited by Part 521 of the Rules of the Court of Appeals, and in accordance with the rules of the Court. I am often called to testify in the United States courts as an expert on Russian laws.

My clients consist of individuals of all nations who need representation in Russia in matrimonial matters.
In the instant case I was asked whether the ex-parte divorce between the Plaintiff, XXXXXXXXXXXXX, and the Defendant, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, obtained in the city of Moscow, Russian Federation on XXXXXXXXXXXX is a valid divorce according to the law of Russian Federation.

I am writing this Affidavit in order to establish that the divorce is invalid according to the law of Russian Federation.

As an attorney in Russia, I am fully familiar with the facts and circumstances of the parties’ divorce action which was filed into Russian court. I reviewed a copy of the Divorce File.

The parties are Russian citizens. They were married in the City of Moscow, Russia. They have one child, who was born in Russia and currently resides in the United States of America.

It is not uncommon for residents of the United States to obtain a divorce in their home country, provided they meet jurisdictional requirements. Generally, in such cases the divorce decree does not include any incidental relief (i.e., equitable distribution, maintenance), only effects a change in marital status.

In order to establish whether a divorce between parties is a valid divorce in Russian Federation we need to apply Civil Procedural Code of Russia... Read More »

How to collect judgment in America

© 2010 by Natalia Gourari, Esquire, New York, New York
Parties residing abroad have the same rights to collecting judgments in the United States as citizens of this country.

There are two ways to collect a judgment in the United States:

First, the creditor should determine which state has jurisdiction over the debtor.

The creditor should contact a lawyer in that jurisdiction.

Thus, if the judgment is in New York, the creditor should contact NY attorney.

If the judgment is in California, he should contact Californian attorney.

The judgments can be divided into several categories

1. Child support
2. Other matrimonial – arising out of marriage
3. Personal injury (if you were injured in NY)
4. Contract

Say, your judgment is based on a contract. Say, the company you are suing is in New York. Now, you have contacted an attorney in New York.

You should make sure you give him all information, all documents.

Remember that you may have a claim even if you do not have a written contract. An oral contract is enough if you have documents to prove that someone in New York owes you money.

Also remember that there are sroki davnosti, kotori mogut istech. Ne medlite. Ne davaite proiti mnogo vremeni.

If your judgment is based on child support, you should start an action right away. Every day you are losing your child support. If you have a child in Russia, from someone who lives in America, immediately contact a lawyer. Most likely you will get a judgment and collect on it too. It is easier to collect child support judgment than to collect a commercial judgment.

What about personal injury judgments? Did you get injured in the United States? If you did, someone might be responsible. United States is a country of laws. If someone is responsible, there might be a way for your to get compensation for your injury.

You should not be worried about getting a visa to US to collect your judgment. An attorney can represent you long distance. There is internet, phone, Skype, etc.
If... Read More »


© 2009 by Robert S. Steinberg, Esquire, Miami Florida
In Franz Kafka’s disturbing novel “The Trial,” Josef K one morning having done nothing truly wrong finds himself under arrest. No one will tell him the charges. No one seems to care if he is guilty or innocent. No one will say when his trial, a series of bizarre hearings and confrontations, will conclude. He is powerless, confounded by impatient bureaucrats and onlookers, while the powerful remain obscure. Joseph K, a bank CFO, had until his arrest felt safe and secure. In Kafka’s world, life is transacted beneath a disquieting shroud of uncertainty.
In the world of tax law, there is likewise an unsettling ambiguity about whether certain conduct is to be viewed as criminal or merely careless or negligent. Rather than a bright red line one encounters a large gray continent traversed at great risk. Like Josef K having come under scrutiny one becomes somewhat powerless in the grip of a baffling process.

The crime of tax evasion involves a willful attempt to evade or defeat any income tax or the payment thereof. With regard to evading tax, the government must prove: (1) a tax deficiency, i.e., that less than the correct tax was reported in the originally filed return; (2) an attempt to evade the tax; and (3) that the attempt was willful. The attempt is proved through overt acts such as filing the false return, hiding assets and sources of income, keeping two sets of books or making false entries or alterations. Willfulness is not the presence of an evil motive but rather a voluntary, intentional violation of a known legal duty. For example, John Smith knows that his commission income is taxable but nonetheless files his income tax return knowingly leaving out the commissions. He has acted willfully.
Tax evasion is a major felony carrying up to a 5 year prison sentence and $250,000 fine, or both.

A tax return is signed under penalties of perjury. Lying in a tax return as to any material statement constitutes th... Read More »

Man Sentenced to 33 Months for International Parental Kidnapping
JACKSONVILLE, FL—U.S. Attorney A. Brian Albritton announces that U.S. District Judge Marcia Morales Howard today sentenced Clifford Allen Newman (age 35, formerly of Jacksonville) to 33 months in federal prison, three months shy of the maximum sentence allowed by law, for international parental kidnapping. Newman had pleaded guilty on May 5, 2009. Read More »

About annulment of marriage

Karina Duvall
Pursuant to Article 39 of the Family Code of Ukraine, marriage registered with a person who is still in a pre-existing registered marriage is invalid.

Article 39 of the Family Code of Ukraine permits convalidation of marriage registered in violation of the principle of monogamy where the first marriage is dissolved, in which case the new marriage becomes legally valid from the date of dissolution of the first marriage.

Pursuant to clause 5, section 3 of the Regulations for Registration of Acts of Civil Status approved by the Order of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on October 18, 2000, No. 52/5 as amended as of December 26, 2008 and registered by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on October 18, 2000 with No. 719/4940, the persons who were previously married may only get a new marriage registered upon production of the documents to confirm termination of the previous marriage (a certificate of dissolution of marriage, a certificate of death of the other spouse, a judgment on invalidation of marriage).

In case of foreign citizens, such a document may be a court judgment on dissolution of marriage if it is conclusive under laws of such foreign country, a certificate of dissolution of marriage or other documents provided for by laws of such foreign country issued by a competent authority, unless otherwise provided for by international treaties. If the person's passport contains no data about his/her marital status, then a document should be produced to confirm that such person is not married. Such a document should be issued by the country of his/her citizenship and duly consularized or legalized by a diplomatic mission of Ukraine in such country and apostiled, unless otherwise provided for by effective international treaties to which Ukraine is a party.

For the purpose of entering into a marriage to be registered in Ukraine, foreigners must produce their national passport or a passport document with a registration note issued by an authorized authority ... Read More »
Articles: 237
Page 39 from 48
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC