Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: adoption, guardianship (USA)

My Husband became eligible for Medicaid. I have signed a spousal refusal in connection with his application for Medicaid. At the time he qualified for Medicaid I had assets in excess of $500,000 and no income. My monthly income is now $5000. Can the Commissioner of DSS go after me to reimburse me for payments Medicaid maid on my husband’s behalf?


Yes, because your income exceeds the minimum allowable amounts (a.k.a. - minimum monthly maintenance allowance [MMMA]). Medicaid program is jointly funded by federal and state governments to pay for medical care for those whose income and assets are insufficient to pay for their medical needs. See, 42 U.S.C. § 1396, et. seq.; Social Service Law Article 5 Title 11; and Golf v. New York State Dept. of Social Services, 91 N.Y.2d 656 (1998). Where one spouse requires long-term institutional care, other spouse is permitted to retain minimum level of income and certain amount of assets (a.k.a- community spouse resource allowance [CSRA]). See, Social Service Law §§ 366-c(2)(d)(g)(h); 366-c(2)(d)(h); and 18 NYCRR 360-4.10(4)(8).

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC