Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: adoption, guardianship (USA)

We got married in 2000. Two years ago II was injured in automobile accident and underwent spinal fusion surgery. Negligence action commenced by my husband and me which resulted in a $150,000 settlement. I deposited the check in the account in my name only. We then used my money to buy a vacation home in the Pokonos and some money was used to pay for my husband’s construction busienss. My husband now claims that when I was injured in the automobile accident he supported me emotionally, physically and financially.


Marital property specifically excludes compensation for personal injuries. See, DRL § 236(B)(1)(d)(2)(5)(a). However, where unallocated settlement proceeds are made payable to both spouses, court, in the context of a divorce action, must determine what portion represents compensation for injuries and what portion, if any, represents award for loss of consortium claim.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC