Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
International abduction of children (USA)

This is my situation. I am currently in Russia with our children. My husband gave me a written permission to travel with our sons across the border. However my husband has been unstable over the past year and has been abusive against me in front of the children. I have now decided to remain in Russia where my parents can help me financially and physically to raise our children. I also want to divide our house in New York and my share of the proceeds.


If you do not return to the US, your husband can go to Family Court to seek an order of custody of your boys. The court will first demand your appearance and if you fail to appear, an order will be entered awarding him full custody of the children. However, proof that you are a victim of abuse and competent counsel can help you avoid this result. A good attorney should be able to help you show that you and the children are safer away from the abuser. Much will depend upon what evidence you have in terms of documenting prior abuse and whether you can obtain a custody order from the Russian court before your spouse obtains such order against you in New York. You need help of an experienced Family litigation attorney with practice in international Family Law.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC