Legal defense in court in civil cases including: divorces, child support, the alimony obligations, adoptions, inheritance proceedings. Legalization of foreign divorces, search of divorce records in Russia, ex-USSR, United States. Registration, legalization of documents, apostilles. Restoration of certificates of marriage and divorce, of birth and death in Russia, the former USSR, USA, Europe, Australia, and other countries.
Questions of registration and citizenship (Russia)

My child's father (US citizen) doesn't give consent for my son to get a citizenship of a country of my citizenship. I have a sole legal and physical custody and he has visitations on weekends. The court order says i need his consent only for traveling out of country. The embassy says that his rights are not terminated so they need his father's consent. And it's in child's best interest to get dual citizenship. Is it possible to sue the embassy or other legal ways that consulate agree not to request his consent?


If your national law says that you need father's consent, you need father's consent. As alternative, some national laws (for example, the Russian law) allows to obtain citizenship without parent's consent if child lives in this country. For example, if you is Russian citizen, you need parent's consent as long as you live in the United States. But as soon as you will relocate to Russia, his consent doesn't requires anymore.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-718-704-8558 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2019

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC