Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (USA)

Dear Karina

Could you please let me know if there is a chance of claiming the child support in my case.

Two children: born 1993 and 1995. The order for child support from their father was received in Russia, St. Petersburg on 1996. In accordance with the Russian laws, the child support was ordered as 33% from all his earnings.

The father's whereabouts was not known, hence no alimony could be claimed for all this time. Only very recently, we managed to google him up. Apparently, he changed the surname and changed occupation. Luckily, for the past 18 years or so, he worked as a financial broker and was employed in one of the structures of the Morgan Stanley and has lived in New York for at least past 15 years. In other words, his earnings are fairly easy to trace down. He is (was) a citizen of Russia and Israel, and possibly has US citizenship by now.

I will provide all necessary details if you tell me that the case has any potential.


It's a tough case. The best thing to do is to open a case in Russia, get a fixed amount of child support, and then enforce child support order in New York. A lawyer can open a case to assist Russian court in obtaining income information.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC