QuestionI am a US citizen, who married in Russia, a Russian citizen, in 2001. She moved to the USA with me, in 2001, and we had a child late 2002. Early 2003, she moved back to Russia with our infant child. They returned to the USA in 2005, and we lived together until they left again in 2007. I have visit them in Russia, however, nether my daughter or wife had returned to the USA since 2006. I have since come to find out my wife was unfaithful. So now I would like to dissolve the marriage.
Thank you for your question, I will be glad to assist you.
1. You can get divorce in Russia without resolving child support and custody issues. Just divorce.
2. We need to obtain two original copies of marriage certificate: one for your personal issues, and second for divorce case.
3. To get divorce, you do not need to have any grounds. You need just provide me information and power of attorney.
4. To get annulment you need to have legal grounds. Looks like you do not have any legal grounds for annulment.
5. Please provide me the following copies: your passport, passport of your wife (if available), marriage certificate, and child's birth certificate. Please also provide me your and your wife's addresses.
6. If I handle your divorce case, I will obtain the marriage certificate for you for free of charge.
I will be glad to help you.