I am a US citizen, who married in Russia, a Russian citizen, in 2001. She moved to the USA with me, in 2001, and we had a child late 2002. Early 2003, she moved back to Russia with our infant child. They returned to the USA in 2005, and we lived together until they left again in 2007. I have visit them in Russia, however, nether my daughter or wife had returned to the USA since 2006. I have since come to find out my wife was unfaithful. So now I would like to dissolve the marriage.
Is there any grounds to annul due to the fact we haven't leaved together for over 10 years? or Due to the fact that when we got married, the marriage license was obtained fraudulently. We needed to have it within a week, and something was done to make this happen, otherwise we would have had to wait 32 days. Anyway, is there away to annul the marriage because the license was obtained fraudulently??
The marriage took place in St. Petersburg. How much would it cost to court file? I mean, my understanding is, it has to be court filed since there is a minor child. Is that correct? Also, if my wife agrees to the dissolution, my understanding is that the divorce can be pushed through without the child custody/money issues attached, and they can be dealt with separately. Is this correct?
Also, how much does it cost to obtain my marriage certificate? I need the original for US immigration purposes as well as the divorce. My wife has an original, but, so far she hasn't sent it to me.
Thank you for your question, I will be glad to assist you.
1. You can get divorce in Russia without resolving child support and custody issues. Just divorce.
2. We need to obtain two original copies of marriage certificate: one for your personal issues, and second for divorce case.
3. To get divorce, you do not need to have any grounds. You need just provide me information and power of attorney.
4. To get annulment you need to have legal grounds. Looks like you do not have any legal grounds for annulment.
5. Please provide me the following copies: your passport, passport of your wife (if available), marriage certificate, and child's birth certificate. Please also provide me your and your wife's addresses.
6. If I handle your divorce case, I will obtain the marriage certificate for you for free of charge.
I will be glad to help you.