Legal defense in court in civil cases including: divorces, child support, the alimony obligations, adoptions, inheritance proceedings. Legalization of foreign divorces, search of divorce records in Russia, ex-USSR, United States. Registration, legalization of documents, apostilles. Restoration of certificates of marriage and divorce, of birth and death in Russia, the former USSR, USA, Europe, Australia, and other countries.
Questions of registration and citizenship (Russia)

Dual Citizenship. What is it? How to get it?


A person may be a citizen of more than one country. This can happen automatically, based on the citizenship laws of the countries involved. It can happen by marriage. It can also happen by voluntary application based on a country's laws and requirements.

Often when applying for citizenship with another country, individuals are required to provide documentation of lineage in the form of their own birth and marriage records and the birth, death and marriage records of their parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and beyond.

The processes and requirements for applying for citizenship are developed by each individual country and vary from country to country. Many countries require certified copies of vital events in order to verify an applicant's claim of lineage.

Countries will sometimes require that records to be submitted with citizenship applications be authenticated or apostilled. For information about this process, visit our Apostille information page.

When applying for records, to which you are not otherwise entitled, for dual citizenship purposes, you may be required to include documentation of your relationship to the person whose record you are requesting. Uncertified copies of birth, marriage or death certificates showing relationship to the person are sufficient. You must submit the documentation you have and we will contact you if it is not sufficient.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-718-704-8558 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-848-0870 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2018

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC