Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: adoption, guardianship (Russia)

hi my name is Maria, I was adopted when i was 5 years old. I'm now 24 years wanna go back to Saint Petersburg! but my adoptive mom won't let me. I need help on what to do!


You are very lucky, because you were adopted after February 6, 1992. This means that you have saved the Russian citizenship.

Russian citizenship allows you to return to Russia at any time. To do this you need to recover documents: birth certificate and adoption certificate. You will then be able to apply for a Russian passport.

You need to obtain copy of the court's order on adoption (court order helps you to find your mother in Russia).

In order to recover your documents, I need a power of attorney from you. You can make Power of Attorney by notary with Apostille: it is much easier than address to Russian consulate.

I will be glad to help you.

I can recover your documents (birth and adoption certificate). After that I can help you with Russian passport.

I can obtain copy of court order for you, if you need.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC