Legal defense in court in civil cases including: divorces, child support, the alimony obligations, adoptions, inheritance proceedings. Legalization of foreign divorces, search of divorce records in Russia, ex-USSR, United States. Registration, legalization of documents, apostilles. Restoration of certificates of marriage and divorce, of birth and death in Russia, the former USSR, USA, Europe, Australia, and other countries.
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)


Does my middle initial have to match on all documents? My passport says my full name with middle name, my divorce paper has my name but does not have my middle name; my notary has my name with middle initial.


Names in all documents shall match. You need to eliminate the differences in the documents. There are a few options: you can request a certificate from the court that issued you divorce papers or you can sign a relevant affidavit. But the best way is to ask you fiancée to consult the Vital Records Authorities (ZAGS) and find out which proof will be sufficient for the Vital Records Office in which you are going to register your marriage.

You may not need to do anything as aforesaid if there are no differences in the documents. It is possible if you don’t submit your divorce papers to the Vital Records Office. You must submit your divorce papers to the Vital Records Office only if the marriage was registered in Russia. If the marriage was registered and dissolved in the USA you don’t have to submit divorce papers to the Vital Records Office – an unmarried certificate issued by a US Embassy and proving that you are currently not married will be enough.

You can send all documents to us (or to you fiancée) and we will arrange notarized translation of all your documents and will forward them to your fiancée. She will have to consult the Vital Records Office in which you are going to register the marriage. In such a way you will be able to solve your problems with the documents without coming to Russia.

You will need to provide the following documents:
1) Notarized and apostilled copy of your passport;
2) Unmarried Certificate by Dep of Health or by U.S. Embassy;
3) Apostilled divorce papers (if required).

You will also need to register yourself in Moscow upon arrival and submit the document proving such registration (address in Moscow) to the Vital Records Office.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-718-704-8558 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-848-0870 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+1-718-704-8558 Loris
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2017

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC