Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Immigration Law (USA)

I was wondering whether I need father’s consent to let my minor child come with me to the United States on K-2 visa? I will be coming here as a fiancée of the United States citizen on a K-1 visa. I am getting divorced and will only have temporary custody over my child in May 2012.


When you petition for K-1 with USCIS (first step in the process) you do NOT need consent from another parent, but in all other stages: interview in Russia, getting green card in the USA, the issue of consent may arise. Consent is not a requirement but they have the right to ask for one. Therefore, having sole custody or letter of consent would be helpful. Since in May, Alena will only have temporary custody that is not an issue at the first stage of the application process. However, it is best to have sole custody by the time of the interview. Perhaps Karina may help you with this issue.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC