Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)

I am desperately looking for help in bringing back my daughter in the USA. I was married to Russian lady and have a daughter from the marriage. After our divorce, my ex-wife took my daughter to Russia. Now my daughter is suffering there as she is not feeding her and not taking care of her well. I would like someone to represent me in Russian court (St. Petersburg). Please, let me know if you can help me.

I know my chance is very small. I also know you can't guarantee me result. However, due to the fact that her mother is not able to take care of her, I would like to go to Russian court and see if I can get my daughter to come back to the US.


Most likely, after your child was born you registered her as a Russian citizen. This consent has let your ex-wife to take the child from U.S. to Russia.

Where and when your divorce was documented?

Was during the process of divorce the way of communication determined (custody? visitation?). If yes, please send me court decision about it.

Do you see the child now and if yes how often?

How old is your daughter?

Please send me all documents pertaining to your situation (Marriage, Divorce, Birth Certificates, Court Decision, agreements, etc).

Now to obtain the custody for your child for you is practically impossible.

To do so in order to proceed you would need the proves of bad nutrition of your child the existence of physiological or physical harassment from your ex-wife toward your child.

Every fact of abuse should be documented. If you believe that your ex-wife is mentally incompetent than such facts should be medically documented as well.

Only under these conditions you may have a chance.

For time being you can participate it the child’s life.

By default, both parents have equal rights to participate in the child life. You can request the court of law to schedule the time and frequency of visitation. If your ex-wife fails to follow this court order, you may have some grounds for obtaining the custody of your child.

This way is so long and expensive. If you decide to proceed I will be glad to help you.

I am waiting for above mention documents to be sent.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC