Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Immigration Law

I am still technically married, I am just waiting for my divorce to get finalized, but I met someone whom I really wanted to marry and his visa had expired and for him to stay here legally, I need to marry him, however, there is still the pending divorce. Can I marry this man? And will it be valid and can he apply for a permanent visa?


You are either married or you are not married. If you are married to someone else, you cannot marry this intending immigrant.

If you are a US citizen, your marriage to an alien who came into the US with inspection but overstayed his authorized stay may be a basis to waive his overstay. The overstay of the holders on only certain types of visas is waived upon marriage with a US citizen.

If he is in some sort of removal proceedings, his marriage to you now likely will not help him. Similarly, if he has a visa that does not allow adjustment of status while remaining in the US, the marriage will not help.

Your best option may be to review your facts and options with your attorney

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC