Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Immigration Law (USA)

Hello I have a situation I am a K 2 visa overstay my mother never married, its been five years and I am now engaged to a USC to be married - will I have problems adjusting or do I have to file a special waiver?



You will have problems adjusting status if you get married to the USC. The law states that K visa entrants may only enter to the US solely to conclude a valid marriage with the petitioner. The law gives it 90 days in which to do that. If the marriage is not entered in to the K-visa recipient and the K-2 beneficiaries must leave the country as they may never adjust under any other ways. In your situation I would leave the country and have the USSC fiancee petition for you for a K visa, or marry you here in the US and the leave the country and petition for a K-3 visa.

Good Luck

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC