Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family law : divorce and division of property. (Russia)

How do I find out if my Russian wife has divorced me or not? We were married in Tver Oct.16 2008. She said she filed for divorce in Oct. of this year but I talked her into canceling the procedure. She has since quit communicating with me. Who do I speak to in Russia to see if we are still married or not?


If yore marriage was terminated by court, after court’s decision is in effect, the court is supposed to submit the copy of such a decision to the office where your marriage was registered. Therefore in order to find out whether your marriage had been terminated you have to send the request to this office (ZAGS). You can submit the request to the local court of neighborhood where your wife (or former wife) is residing as well.

On the other hand, knowing that your marriage has been terminated is not enough. You will need to collect all documents proving that such a decision has been made. You will need an excerpt from the court document, copy of that document, copy of the marriage termination, and you will need to put an apostil on these documents.

If you disagree with the court decision and you believe that your rights are violated, you have to ask the court to extend the time when you can appeal.

If your marriage is not terminated you want to divorce, you have to apply to the court to start the process.

Anyway I will be glad to help you.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC