Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)

i am indian citizen. i have relationship with russian woman . she is divorced and russian citizen. now she is pregnant and may deliver a baby after 5 months. we are not married but have good relationship and no conflict.

i want to know if such child can be russian citizen if birth is in russia? is it necessary for me to be present in russia during delivery, birth of child by russian law? is it a offence to have child without marriage by russian law ? i can accept peternity without marriage?

Also can such a child can get status of PIO (person of indian origin) by indian, russian law (PIO is not dual citizenship but similar to it).


If your child was born in the territory of Russian Federation, he would receive Russian citizenship by birth because his mother is a Russian citizen. If the child was born abroad, he would be able to receive Russian citizenship only by your consent. In this case your consent would be required only in the event when you are officially recognized as father of the child. To get the citizenship of India for your child you can according to the laws in your country. Russian legislation does not forbid having two citizenship. You can get paternity not necessarily being married. For this you need to address to ZAGS (Vital Records Office) with child's mother and file a joint application. If child's mother does not want to specify you in the birth certificate, in this case you can establish paternity only by court decision. It is not a violation of anything if a child was born out of wedlock. Registration of marriage is absolutely voluntary matter.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC