I (dutch) my wife (Russian) got married in Russia when I worked there, I lived in Russia with her and her kids for approx. 1 yr. We moved to holland, together with her children, 14 yrs ago. The children are adult now. My wife never worked in those years in holland, we live from my salary.
- since we got married in Russia, we lived there, do we divorce according russian law or according to dutch law.
- does the russian divorce law also have something like partner alimony?
In fact, Art. 160, part 2 of the RF Family Code, Art. 402, part 3, clause 8 of the RF Civil Procedure Code stipulates the possibility of marriage dissolution for Russian and foreign citizens residing outside Russia
Persons who have the right to appeal in court to demand alimony from former spouse (if the spouse has financial ability to pay):
- former wife in her pregnancy and during three years after baby born;
- needy former spouse who does care of invalid child until 18th birthday or who maintain common child first group invalid from childhood;
- disabled needy former spouse who became disable before divorce of in first year after divorce;
- needy retired spouse not later than 5 years after divorce if spouse were in marriage for long time.
Thus, the bases for claim of alimony in your case I do not see.
Divorce issued in Russia, is considered valid in Holland.
I will be glad to you to help.