Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Ukraine)

My wife is Ukrainian. She left me while we were on a trip in America in August. I had been lying about drinking and using drugs. I was scared and ashamed. I have a history of alcoholism. I was without alcohol for 2.5 years. She new my problems. She left me cause she did not know what I was doing and I always told her I had to leave for no reason but the reason was me being addicted to drugs. I have quit the drugs and am working very hard to be the man she fell in love with and not the one that scared her and made her sad.

She lives in Donetsk. She is making in my thoughts a fast divorce when she was hurt for being lied to because of my addiction. Her mom gave us an apartment and my dad spent 10,000 US dollars to remodel it. I had no interest in the house because it was in her moms name. I said she could have everything. I just want to delay this divorce to give me time to work on my issues and be the husband that I was. Is there anything you can do at the ZAGS that can give me a chance to have my interest heard or slow the divorce.


Divorce in ZAGS is possible only with mutual consent of spouses. If you gave your consent in written for divorce, in this case it is necessary for you urgently prior to the scheduled date of divorce hearing to declare about your disagreement. Our lawyer in Ukraine can help you with it. Please let me know the date of your divorce hearing.

If you did not give the consent to divorce in ZAGS, in this case your wife will have to address to a court with claim for divorce. The court has the right under your petition or under the petition of your lawyer to give parties time for reconciliation and after end of such time your marriage will be terminated. If you think you might have chances of restoration of family relations, it would make sense for you to delay the divorce process. If the desire of your wife to dissolve the marriage is final, earlier or later your marriage will be terminated.

Regarding the apartment matter. If the apartment belongs to your wife's mother, you don't have rights for share in the apartment. However, if you have indisputable proofs that repair was done from your personal money (received as gift from your father), in this case you can address to court with a claim to recognize your property right to a share in an apartment, and demand within such claim to determine your share in an apartment as proportion to money you paid, or to claim a monetary indemnification.

To address this matter to the court, I will need from you a power of attorney, full name and address of yours wife, and address of the disputable apartment.

I will be glad to help you.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC