Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Dear Mrs. Krasnova,

I found your site on the internet and I have some question concerning apostille on certificates. My wife to be has gotten a marriage and divorce certificate from her home town (Shahkty near Rostov) but there is no Apostille attached. She is now living in Kyrgyzstan and cannot get an apostille there. It took her 6 months to get this document and now it is not legal in Europe. I have some questions: Is it possible to attaches an apostille on the originals when she is in Moscow?

If it is possible, where can she do it and what time she needs to do it? (She can stay some days in Moscow).

If it is not possible, how can she obtain this documents WITH apostille and within 6 weeks?

She has made translations from them and are 'legalized' (she says) by the Russian consul. Is that lawful?

Is it possible that YOU can do all of this, if yes how much will it cost and how long does it take?


The apostille can be put only in a place of issue of the document. In your case, it is Rostov - not Moscow. The consulate can make for you translation of the document, but it not is legalization. I can put for you an apostille in terms necessary for you. My payment assumes, that you will send me the original of the Certificate on which I will put an apostille. In this case it is not necessary for me from you special powers. However, if it is necessary to receive in the beginning the repeated Certificate the problem essentially becomes complicated. In this case I should have the power of attorney, received from Shahkty the new Certificate, and only after that in Rostov to put an apostille.

Your certificate issued in 1987 when Russia when was not the participant of the Hague convention of 1961. Russia has joined the convention in 1992. It is necessary to receive the new certificate. It's not possible to get Apostille on a year 1987 document.

See "Russian Federation":

I can receive for you the new certificate and put an apostille.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2021

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC