Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Ukraine)

I have a question: can I sue for alimony payments in the territory of Ukraine being married to a US citizen residing in the USA? What are the chances of getting the payments? I do not want to return to the States and I do not want to live there I feel very bad there. Flying back is difficult and risky for health. I am in Ukraine now. The marriage is not dissolved.


You can recover alimony payments by a decision of a Ukrainian court concurrently with marriage dissolution. We can do it for you if you want – give us the name of the city and whether the marriage certificate is available. When and where was the marriage registered? When and where was your child born? Where in Ukraine do live at the present time?

The bill of divorce will be definitely accepted and acknowledged in the States. The decision of a Ukrainian court shall be acknowledged by a US court in order to recover alimony payments. That is why it will be better to recover alimony payments by a decision of a US court. I can help you with a choice of a lawyer commissioned in the State of Washington who will be able to recover alimony payments for you child or submit the decision of a Ukrainian court for enforcement. You will have to leave Ukraine for this purpose; you will issue a power of attorney to a lawyer and he will perform all necessary acts on your behalf.

I think you need to dissolve the marriage and recover alimony payments in order to continue living and bringing up your child worthily.

Please analyze this information and contact us if needed.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)
+38-044-392-8634 Kiev

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2021

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC