Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

My husband and I are divorced. Our daughter will be 18 next year. She entered a university this year (contractual education). The father refuses to finance daughter’s education. Can I (or daughter) bring a case against him in a court and require alimony payments until graduation from the university?


According to Art. 80 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation parents must support their minor children. Parents determine methods and forms of support. In case parents do not provide their minor children with financial support (alimony payments) such financial support shall be recovered judicially. According to Art. 85 part 1 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation parents must support their children after they reach the legal age only in case the children are unemployable (disabled). Studying in a higher education institution is not a disablement and doesn't entail an obligation to effect alimony payments. You daughter is entitled to chose an education form that will allow her to work as her parents do not have to support her after she reaches 18 years.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC