Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)

Can child support money be paid in case a marriage is not terminated but a parent doesn’t live with the family? Child’s mother doesn’t want to divorce and threatens to forbid me meeting with the son. How can I legally solve this matter?


Alimony payments can be recovered by court at your wife’s request (Art. 81 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation). They can be recovered during the marriage and after divorce. In case a claim hasn’t been filed you can conclude a notarized agreement with your wife ad effect alimony payments under such agreement, you can also file an application to your employer’s accounting department with a request to withhold an alimony amount of ¼ of your income or you can effect alimony payments to your wife by mail. You can chose the most convenient variant. You can initiate divorce proceedings and the case will be examined irrespective of your wife’s wish, the court is entitled to establish a reconciliation term not exceeding 3 months, in case the reconciliation is not reached the upon expiration of such term the marriage will be terminated (Art. 21, 22 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation). In your case the court may oblige your wife provide you with possibility to see the child and spend your vocation with him: termination of parents’ marriage doesn’t affect child’s rights (Art. 55 of the Family Code of the Russian Federation).

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC