Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: termination of parental rights, rights of the child, child support. (Russia)

My fiancee and I will be married in Moscow in December. Then I will file k-3 to bring her to USA. She has a 13 year old daughter. The daughter's father had no contact with the child for over 2 years until I came into the mother's life. Now the father, a well-known University professor, has re-entered the daughter's life. He has convinced the daughter to remain in Russia. If the daughter remains in Moscow with her maternal grandmother when my fiancee comes to America, will my future wife lose custody of her daughter because of our marriage? We are hoping that within a year the daughter will also wish to join us in America.


This problem can be resolved only voluntarily. If your wife go to the USA without her daughter she will NOT lose the custody. I believe that your fiancee should impact on the decision of her daughter before. It's because if the dispute between she and her former husband will be brought to a court, the could will consider opinion and position of the child (the daughter is older than 10) and will make corresponding decision.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC