Services are provided in native languages by bilingual attorneys: divorces, local and international, consultations about family matters by top experts, Hague Convention, child support, alimony, adoptions, wills and trusts, legalization of foreign divorces, registration and legalization of foreign documents, apostilles, mid-marriage agreements and prenuptials, restoration of vital documents, all matter related to the United States, former USSR territories, Europe, Israel and Australia.
Our offices in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kyiv Tashkent, and New York continue to assist our current and future clients without interruption. When many places are closed many people are left without help or guidance. During this trying time our attorneys are able to assist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and offer free consultations or discounted rates as appropriate. Please contact us at
Family Law: divorce proceedings, conclusion of marriage (Russia)


I am an Australian citizens (although I do have Russian blood from few generation back..) - I came to Russia and married a russian woman, who later joined me in Australia, I found out later that she never loved me and used me only as a ticket to Australia and she was crazy and evil woman..... we finally agreed on the divorce, I signed a declaration to her that the our marriage is broken down and gave her copy of my passport, she travelled recently to Russia for a visit (Volgograd) and promised to try and get the divorce from Russian authorities and would give me a copy soon upon her return.

-She now returned to Australia, and claimed that she has the divorce paper from the Russian authority but refused to give me my copy of the divorce, saying later and may be later! I need to find out few things first from a solicitors...!

My question is, if the Russian authorities have issued the divorce papers to her, shouldn't I be getting a copy of that divorce paper for myself, is she obliged by duty to give me a copy of the divorce certificate that was given to her in Russian?

What do I need to do to in order to obtain my copy of my divorce certificate if she refuse to give it to me (which she claim she all ready has in her hands?)

I await your kind response and I hope as soon as possible

Otchi Spassiba


Yes, your wife could get a divorce in Volgograd without you being there and could get all the divorce papers.

If your wife could give you her copy of the Divorce Certificate, I would be able to get your own Divorce Certificate for you. It can be done very easily, provided you will give me copy of your passport and fill out a Power of Attorney form. Such a form (with instructions on how to fill it out) I can send to you.

If you would not be able to get a copy of the divorce papers, it is still possible to receive the divorce documents for you. It will be somewhat more difficult, however, since some information won't be readily available.

Articles and consultations authored by attorney reflect the state of law as of the date of their writing. The laws change daily. Users of this site are advised to consult attorney regarding their situation.
Karina Duvall
russian divorce services Payment by credit card
The highest compliment you can pay me is the referral of a friend or a relative.
+1-212-205-2211 New York
+1-212-574-3288 New York (Fax)
+1-617-850-9199 Boston
+1-310-929-8444 Los Angeles
+7-495-662-8721 Moscow
+7-921-946-0582 St.Petersburg
+7-812-309-5697 St.Petersburg (fax)

Divorce in Russia ©

Copyright © 1998-2020

Russian attorney at law Karina Duvall.

Terms and conditions of Russian-Divorce PC