My boyfriend (Russian) and I (US citizen) wish to get married, but he did not seek a divorce years ago when he and his wife broke up. How can we obtain a divorce for him when he hasn't spoken to her in years AND without going to Russia? Thanks.
Yes, it's possible to dissolve the marriage for your boyfriend without going to Russia. In order to start the divorce proceedings in Russia he is needed:
- to prepare a notary certified Power of Attorney (I would send you the template) that allow me to act on his behalf;
- have this Power of Attorney apostilled at secretary of state (it's needed to legalized the document abroad), I can also send you an example of the apostille;
- send me all required documents by express mail (UPS, DHL, etc).
All other actions are being provided by me.
Please tell me the following data:
1. Place of residence of your boyfriend in Russia.
2. Place of residence of his wife in Russia.
3. Place of registration of their marriage.
4. Who does possess of theirs Marriage Certificate?
5. Do they have common children?
6. Does his wife agree with divorce?
I can state my fee for such case then I have answers on the above questions.