CERTIFICATION OF KARINA KRASNOVA
1. I am writing to you to confirm that I am a licensed attorney in Russia. My registration number is 78/857. I am furthermore registered as a legal consultant in the United States. I specialize in Matrimonial, and International Private Law, and my area of expertise is complex multi-jurisdictional family cases.
2. Kindly be assured that the “Decision In the Name of the Russian Federation” is the final (absolute) divorce decree between Plaintiff and Defendant. It is not a Divorce Nisi, but a final, absolute divorce decree.
3. I have seen many American divorce decrees in my work. I am aware that a decree in America looks different from a decree in Russia. The document has the same effect as a Divorce Decree in America.
4. Plaintiff retained my services to represent him in connection with a divorce with Defendant. After having reviewed his case and discussing it with him I ascertained that the Judicial District # XX XXXXXXXXXXXXX Region had jurisdiction over his matter because his former wife XXXXXXXXXXXX is a Russian citizen and because she continued to maintain a residence at Russia at that time. Russian Federation had jurisdiction over their marriage and over all matters pertained to their marriage. I drafted a Complaint for Divorce which was filed in the Judicial District # XX of XXXXXXXXXX Region, Russian Federation. XXXXXXXXXX agreed to a divorce in writing.
5. According of Art. 25 part 1 of Family Code of Russian Federation, a marriage that is dissolved in court shall be terminated as from the date of the court decision coming into legal force. The Decision came into legal force.
6. Divorce is legally because the Judgment has become final. In additional, Defendant had obtained a Divorce Certificate issued by Civil authorities.
7. I affirm and give an official opinion that the divorce I obtained in Russia for Plaintiff is a final and valid decree. It is not a Divorce Nisi. The divorce is final and complete.
8. Moreover, the Decision refers to the doctrine of comity and states that Russia recognizes New Jersey’s Marriage and Divorce. If Russia recognizes marriage and divorce in New Jersey, then New Jersey must recognize a divorce in Russia too.
9. I hereby certify that the foregoing statements made by me in the annexed Certification are true. I am aware that if the foregoing statements made by me are willfully false, I am subject to punishment.