1. I am writing to you to confirm that I am a licensed attorney in Russia. My registration number is 78/857. I am furthermore registered as a legal consultant in the United States. I specialize in Matrimonial and Family Law in the Russian Federation.
2. Kindly be assured that the “Decision In the Name of the Russian Federation” is the final decree of Mr. Smith’s divorce. It is not a Divorce Nisi, but a final, absolute divorce.
3. I have seen many American divorce decrees in my work. I am aware that a decree in America looks different from a decree in Russia. The document has the same effect as a Divorce Decree in America.
4. John Smith retained my services on April 22, 2009 to represent him in connection with a divorce. After having reviewed his case and discussed same with him I ascertained that the Judicial District # 325 of Moscow had jurisdiction over his matter because his wife is Russian citizens and because she continue to maintain a residence in Russia. The Russian Federation has jurisdiction over their marriage and over all matters pertaining to their marriage. I drafted a Complaint for Divorce which was filed in the Judicial District # 325 of Severnoe Medvedkovo District of Moscow, Russian Federation. Mr. John Smith’s former wife agreed to a divorce in writing.
5. According of Art. 25 part 1 of Family Code of Russian Federation, the marriage is dissolved in court shall be terminated as from the date of the court decision coming into legal force. The Decision came into legal force on July 10, 2009.
6. Also, you noted that the divorce does not seem to be registered with any Civil authority. Divorce is legally because the Judgment has become final on July 19, 2009 (please be referred to the stamp on the bottom of the Decision). In additional, this Decision was registered by General Department of the Ministry of Justice in Moscow on February 05, 2010 # 1-1091 (please be referred to the stamp Apostille).
7. I affirm and give an official opinion that the divorce I obtained in Russia for Mr. Tosch is a final and valid decree. Nothing else is required. It is not a Divorce Nisi. The divorce is final and complete on July 10, 2009.
8. Moreover, the Decision refers to the doctrine of comity and states that Russia recognizes a Florida Marriage and Divorce. If Russia recognizes a marriage and divorce in Florida, then Florida must recognize a divorce in Russia too.
9. I hereby certify that the foregoing statements made by me in the annexed Certification are true. I am aware that if the foregoing statements made by me are willfully false, I am subject to punishment.